The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Shameless Public Display of Affection

Feliz día de enamorados, de amistad, de San Valentin!

Valentine's Day can be a dreaded day for many. Volunteers are no exception, especially those in the minority in a long-distance relationship with someone back home. Not that Justin and I like being apart, but sad to say we are more used to spending Valentine's Day separate than together. Justin and I have been together for about five-and-a-half years now (six years this coming August!) and in a total of six years we will have been in an international, intercontinental long-distance relationship for approximately three and a half years. So, in all of these years we have only spent two Valentines Days together.

Today, however, I am celebrating something different-- the last Valentine's Day I will have to spend away from him!

There are so many reasons, big and small, that he makes my heart beat faster and my stomach flutter. So in this cheesy and embarrassing display of affection, here are some light-hearted reasons why I love him:

Because when we first started hanging out, I looked like this, but he somehow still got a crush on me.

Because the first months of our relationship I didn't know I was gluten intolerant, and we would eat meals all the time like this....thus making me one of the most disgusting human beings on earth (to understand my reaction to gluten, think of someone who is lactose intolerant eating a gallon of ice cream, then times it by 10). 

Because of stuff like this

and he sends me pictures like this

Because he is a good travel companion
Trafalgar Square, London, England
Florence, Italy
Paarl Nature Reserve, South Africa
Ancash, Peru
Baños, Ecuador
Because while he's super manly and awesome at stuff like this...

...he's also able to do stuff like this...

...and isn't above doing this



Because this happened

and so did this

Because...*sigh*

Because he gets along with my friends

Because while I'm here, he's taking care of my kitty
 and that's not always easy

Because we have many "songs", but I can't hear this one without thinking of him



Because even though we're often apart...

...we're better together.





Love you babe! Happy Last Valentine's Day Apart! ♥♥♥♥♥



2 comments:

  1. you guys are without a doubt one of the best couples i have ever met. i am so happy for you guys and this was the cutest post ever. except for the picture of you guys kissing in ecuador, that one was really creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is by far one of the cutest things I have ever read!! Ya'll are adorable. What can I say, I love love. :)

    ReplyDelete