The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things I'll miss

I was thinking about writing a blog of the top-ten things I'll miss about the U.S., since I'm down to eight days until I leave. But then when I was thinking of all the things I'll miss other than friends, family, and the places I generally love, I realized there was a common trend. So I made a diagram (I know, not fancy shmancy like some of you graphic designers out there. I work with what I got--Paint).

Click on the image to get a better close-up-- this sh*t is hard to read.

Not super deep or anything, but when it comes down to it, these are the things that are going to be immediately difficult to overcome. My life is filled with convenience and privilege, and that's soon to change.

However, I am still incredibly sad about leaving the non-material things behind, such as my supportive family/friends/boyfriend. And I am very sad I will be completely missing summer this year (headed straight into autumn in Peru). At the end of each day, I feel a panic come over me. Another day is gone, and another day closer to my entire life completely changing.

1 comment:

  1. Very true, great points here. Thanks for sharing, best of luck with your adventures!

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete