The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Things I'll miss, parte dos.

Woke up this morning to yet another beautiful day. Summer literally waited until the final countdown to show up; three days until I leave for D.C., five days until I'm in Peru. When I woke up to sunshine and a warm breeze I was reminded of Summers-past, and as I've already said, I'm really going to miss summer. Camping, hiking, river trips, swimming (well, more like standing in freezing river water), barbecues, time with friends, laying in the grass listening to jazz music in the park...all the things about summer that make it magical and my favorite time of year. So, since I won't have a summer this year, here's a "remembrance to summer." I'm sorry if you're picture didn't make it in, because I have spent so much time with so many different people during summer, and I love all of you!


Summer '04, with my brothers Sean and Daniel at home in Challis, ID
Summer '06, Working for FS at Boundary Creek with Krista (photo Dave Morris)
Summer '07, Choral Rendezvous, Challis, ID
Summer '07 working for FS at Indian Creek with Jeremy
Summer '08, FS River Trip on the Middle Fork of the Salmon with Eric, Donna, and Jen at Rock Island Camp
Summer '08, Kristan, Kyra, Becky and I at our "Mustache Mojito" party, Boise, ID
Every summer, Brandy and Clarissa out on the porch in Challis, ID
Hike from Goldbug Hotsprings near Ellis, ID
Summer '09, The whole famdamily in Challis, ID for 4th of July

Summer '10 the whole famdamily for my Dad's 60th Birthday in McMinnville, OR
Summer '10, Justin and I at the top of Iron Mountain, Central OR
Summer '10, spending time with my niece, Lily
Summer '10, above Dagger Falls with Kristan
Summer '10, Camping at Dagger Falls with Kristan, Nick, and Lindsey
Summer '10, Choral Rendezvous, the only time I get to see my sister from another mister, Mackenzie
Summer '10, celebrating our three-year anniversary in Corvallis, OR

2 comments:

  1. love it! looks like someone knows how to live summer up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you got in two days of summer!!! GREAT food, great drink and great family and friends! Doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete