The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Year 1 - Peace Corps Peru Video

The following is a video made by Kim Ayers, a fellow 17er and Lambayeque volunteer, on her first year in Peace Corps. Kim is a small business volunteer and lives in a larger town (small city?) not too far from my site. So while some of the parts of her video show life in a bigger site, they also show a lot of Lambayeque and shared experiences we've had together (you may even glimpse a shot of me in the video).



If you can't tell, hitting the year mark is a HUGE milestone. I just got back from a week in Lima of having med-checks, in-service training, and making a presentation of my own first year (sorry, I'm not so good at making awesome videos). While I still have a year left, I'm suddenly filled with this sense of urgency to aprovechar every second I have left. The second half of the wildest journey I've ever been on has commenced, and while it's definitely a roller coaster, I don't want to get caught clinging to the safety bar with my eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment