The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Camp VALOR 2012

To all of my family, friends, and faithful readers;

Many people ask me how they can help with the projects I'm working on down here in Peru, and in reality there are few opportunities in which people from home can directly fund or contribute to a project.

So, I am taking this rare moment to ask you to get involved and help fund our boys leadership camp, Camp VALOR. 

You might recall when I spoke of our girls camp, Camp ALMA, which we held this February. It was the highlight of my summer, as we took on tough, taboo topics and worked with girls from our region in integral health. My girls still talk about that camp, and they are major players in some of my biggest projects in my community.

Now we are holding a camp specifically for boys in which we hope to instill the same sense of empowerment and motivation in 50 rockstar boys from different communities.

Even a small donation of $5 would help. All funds go directly to our project, and donations are tax-deductible. 
in Lambayeque, Peru

It would be best to click on the link to learn more about the camp, but here is an excerpt from the page that describes more in-depth our plans:

"Over the course of the three days, camp participants increase their knowledge in areas such as natural resource management, sustainable and organic farming techniques, reforestation, bio-construction, small animal husbandry, and many others. In addition, they are given the leadership, self-esteem, teamwork, and small project design skills to be able to replicate many of these green projects in their own communities. Finally, participants will gain knowledge and skills related to sexual health, condom use, choosing an ideal partner, and gender equality."

Thank you all for reading my blog and your continued support. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment