The Northern Coast

The Northern Coast
The Northern Coast--photo by Zack Thieman

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Marshmallow Challenge in Perú

In the beginning of March I attended an in-service training with some of my fellow 17ers where half the time we discussed project management and the other half ideas for youth groups back in site.

Evan, our PCVC, made us do this extremely cheesy and seemingly simple game called The Marshmallow Challenge. Little did we know....


Then I came back to my site and did the same activity with my NATS youth group, and the results were extremely interesting.

So, I wrote the people at Autodesk (who have turned the Marshmallow Challenge into a workshop feature with Fortune 500 companies and a Ted Talk) and they wrote back. Now my NATS are featured on this blog! Check it out!

"Peruvian Children Smoke Marshmallow Challenge in Six Minutes"

2 comments:

  1. I read your letter then watched the video - way interesting!

    Carrie McKay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this is a result of kids growing up without fancy toys. Forcing them to use their imagination to make their own toys and fun. These kids also showed great teamwork, leadership, and organizational skills. Very impressive. You should be proud of the work you are doing with the kids in your community. I know I am proud of you.

      Justin Thomas

      Delete